To provide opportunities for Medical Students to participate in clinical or laboratory-based research focused on diseases of the colon, rectum and anus.
$4,000 per year for 2-3 months devoted to research during the academic year.
- Award is given on a competitive basis.
- A maximum of 3 per year are given.
- MSRIG is for salary and living expenses only. Funds may not be used for other purposes.
- No other funding or salary support is allowed.
- During grant period, awardee is expected to not be engaged in any clinical activities.
- MSRIG is limited to “Direct Cost Only” budgets. Additional indirect costs will not be approved.
- Must be a Medical Student in a US or Canadian Medical School.
- Applicant must have designated time for research and no clinical responsibility.
- Preference is given to individuals pursuing a career in Colon and Rectal Surgery and whose project has a mentor or co-investigator who is a Fellow or Member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file including all components listed in the table of contents no later than 11:59 pm on March 15.
Email complete application and documentation as one PDF to:
Fergal Fleming, MD, MPH, FRCSI, FACS, Chair, Research Committee
The Research Foundation Research Committee reviews all completed applications received by the deadline through a peer review process. The committee is composed of funded researchers who are members of the ASCRS. Members of the committee serve pro bono and do not participate in evaluation of applications from applicants or institutions in which there is a conflict of interest.