A colorectal cancer patient education event can be a unique way to communicate directly with the patient/consumer audience and can attract media attention to your practice, which will help to further spread the news about the importance of colorectal cancer screening. You can hold a patient education program about the prevention and screening for colorectal cancer at your practice during the month. Here are some tips:
- Hold the event in the evening on a weeknight.
- Advertise for the event in the hospital, the hospital newsletter, and local newspaper.
- Provide refreshments for attendees.
- Create a presentation that is informative and visually pleasing.
- Give plenty of time for questions and answers.
- Invite the media to attend.
- Provide handouts for the attendees.
- Show videos during the event. Consider having a monitor up with videos running on a loop.
- Follow up with those who attended by sending an appointment reminder card, your business card or a thank you note.
Handouts for Attendees
ASCRS Videos that focus on colorectal cancer or screening: