Drs. Liliana Bordeianou, Eric Weiss and Joseph Carmichael explain the new ASCRS Enhanced Recovery Program Guidelines in this free video presentation, originally recorded from a live webcast. This involves every aspect of care, from preoperative evaluation to perioperative care and surgery to post-operative recovery. Learn about this multi-disciplinary approach to enhanced recovery after surgery, including:
- Physiologic principles behind preoperative carbohydrate loading
- Medications used in multimodal analgesia (MMA)
- Strategies for prophylaxis of post-operative ileus
- How to implement an ERP at your own institution
- Benefits for all elective colorectal surgery patients—including those undergoing complex operations to reduce sub-optimal post-operative patient outcomes
To download the presentation:
- Log in as an ASCRS member or create a nonmember account
- Go to the online learning center.
- Look for the "Enhanced Recovery Program (ERP) Guidelines Webcast Recording" links on the left side of the LMS home page.
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Merck & Co.
Medical, Pharmacy and Nursing CE Credit Available
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. ASCRS takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Attendees can earn 1 CME credit for every 60 minutes of educational time.
SynAptiv is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16031 for 1 contact hour.
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this continuing education activity for 1 contact hour(s) (0.1 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
(Universal Activity Number – JA4008162-9999-19-452-L01-P)
Type of Activity: knowledge
The following faculty indicated that they have financial relationships to disclose:
- Joseph Carmichael, MD, Orange, CA- Johnson & Johnson, Speaker
- Liliana Bordeianou, MD, Boston, MA- Ethicon, Consultant; 11 Health, Research Support; CRICO, Medico legal reviews
The following have no relevant financial relationships to disclose:
- Eric Weiss, MD, Weston, FL