Ann C. Lowry
2005 to 2006
In a Presidential Address notable for its frankness, outgoing ASCRS President Dr. Ann C. Lowry, Minneapolis, MN, proposed strategies to squarely confront three major challenges:
• Continuing medical education,
• Quality of care, and
• Relationship with industry.
Dr. Lowry introduced a six-point approach to meeting these challenges:
• Acknowledge the problem (even when it's difficult to admit something may be wrong);
• Learn from others;
• Brainstorm possible solutions;
• Prioritize the options;
• Collaborate when appropriate ("You can accomplish more if you do not worry about who gets the credit");
• Do something ("Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there," said Will Rogers).