To attract General Surgery Residents or recent graduates of such programs into the field of colon and rectal surgery by providing opportunities to engage in clinical or laboratory-based research focused on diseases of the colon, rectum and anus.
$20,000 per year for 1 year. An opportunity for a second year of funding is available via a competitive renewal application. A complete application the following year with a full review by the Research Foundation is required to obtain a second year of funding.
- GSRRIG may be used for research activities, salary and living expenses.
- GSRRIG is limited to “Direct Cost Only” budgets. Additional indirect costs will not be approved.
August 15 for 2022 funding cycle
- Must be General Surgical Residents or recent (within 2 years) Graduates of a US or Canadian approved General Surgery Training Program.
- Applicant must have designated time for research and no clinical responsibility.
- Preference is given to applicants with research or clinical career goals in the field of Colon & Rectal Surgery and whose research Mentor or Co-Investigator is a Fellow of ASCRS.
The Research Foundation of the ASCRS will be moving to a web-based platform which will enable both submissions and reporting through an online portal, ultimately enabling us to better serve our applicants and grantees alike. Check back on July 1, 2021 for instruction on how to submit an application using the online portal.
The Research Foundation Research Committee reviews all completed applications received by the deadline through a peer review process. The committee is composed of funded researchers who are members of the ASCRS. Members of the committee serve pro bono and do not participate in evaluation of applications from applicants or institutions in which there is a conflict of interest. Applicants are encouraged to consider the committee’s scoring process when developing their application materials.
Criteria and Application Instructions
PHS 398 Forms and Instructions
GSRRIG Face Page for Application
Grant Recipient Testimonials