To provide investigators the opportunity to pursue research interest, specifically germane to the field of colon and rectal surgery. It is anticipated that successful research projects, initially funded through the Research Foundation’s LPG mechanism, will ultimately secure funding from other national funding agencies.
Up to $25,000 for 1 year.
- LPG need not be given every year.
- LPG award may be funded in whole or in part.
- No consortium/contractual arrangements will be allowed with collaborating organization.
- Salary support for the Primary Investigator is not permitted.
- LPG funding is limited to “Direct Cost Only” budgets. Additional indirect costs will not be approved.
Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file including all components listed in the table of contents no later than 11:59 pm on March 15.
Email complete application and documentation as one PDF to:
Fergal Fleming, MD, MPH, FRCSI, FACS, Chair, Research Committee
The Research Foundation of the ASCRS Research Committee reviews all completed applications received by the deadline through a peer review process. The committee is composed of funded researchers who are members of the ASCRS. Members of the committee serve pro bono and do not participate in evaluation of applications from applicants or institutions in which there is a conflict of interest.
Re-Submitting a Limited Project Grant
If you have previously submitted an LPG that was not funded, you may re-submit the same application during the next submission cycle. Re-submissions must adhere to the following:
- Indicate that your application is a re-submission in your cover letter and write “re-submission” in the upper right-hand corner of your application.
- Highlight all aspects of the application that have been altered from the original submission. Electronic and paper copy must be highlighted.
- Include the letter from the Research Foundation indicating what needed to be altered in your original LPG application.