This award provides an opportunity for a graduating CRS resident to attend training that will enhance their career. They may attend one of the following courses: the Career Development Course, Fundamentals of Surgical Research Course or the Early Career Development Course offered by the Association for Academic Surgery (AAS) or the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Health Services Research Methods Course.
Up to $3,000 to be used for coach air travel, hotel accommodations, meals and registration for one of the following courses:
- AAS Fall Career Development Course
- AAS Fall Fundamentals of Surgical Research Course
- ACS Health Services Research Methods Course
- After attending the Course, the award recipient is required to present in person a brief summary of their educational experience while at the Course and their vision of incorporating this experience into academic research/practice.
- Graduating Colon and Rectal Surgeon resident or first year faculty with demonstrated interest in pursuing academic career in colon and rectal surgery.
- Applicant must be a Member or a Candidate member of ASCRS in good standing.
Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file including all components listed in the table of contents no later than 11:59 pm on March 15.
Email complete application and documentation as one PDF to:
Fergal Fleming, MD, MPH, FRCSI, FACS, Chair, Research Committee