Update on Diverticular Disease, a Core Subject, is a review of diverticular disease that is divided into three parts. It is eligible for 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
The first part of this module is an overview of diverticular disease, while the second part is a review of acute and chronic diverticulitis, and the third focuses on recent literature.
Part 1 is an overview of diverticular disease that specifically addresses:
- Incidence, pathophysiology and etiology
- Epidemiology, clinical manifestations
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Differential diagnosis (as well as special considerations)
Part 2 is a review of acute and chronic diverticulitis and specifically addresses:
- Medical treatment of acute uncomplicated and complicated diverticulitis
- Surgical treatment of acute diverticulitis
- Medical and surgical treatment of chronic diverticulitis
Part 3 is a recent literature review of three publications from 2014 that systematically reviews +/- a meta-analysis.
To access this module, log in at the top of this page, click on MY ACCOUNT, then follow the link to the CREST® Online Learning Center. Not a member of ASCRS? Learn more about the benefits of membership in the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.