Each year, ASCRS awards two scholarships to help early-career general or colorectal surgeons.
The International Travel Scholarship
funds travel and registration fees to attend the ASCRS Annual Scientific Meeting. This award is intended for surgeons practicing in parts of the world where the specialty of colorectal surgery is not well established and in areas of great need. Selection of these awards will be based on the applicant’s commitment and potential to impact his or her community.
The Career Development Scholarship
funds travel and registration fees to attend the ASCRS Annual Scientific Meeting as well as visits with up to two of the top-rated U.S. colorectal training programs. This award is intended to identify young surgeons with a high potential to advance the specialty.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
Career Development Award winners
• Ryan Rainiel Abary, Quirino Memorial Medical Center - Quezon, Philippines
• Meryl Oyomno, Steve Biko Academic Hospital - Pretoria, South Africa
• Praveen Kammar, Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital - Mumbai, India
Travel Award winners
• Suman Baral, Lumbini Medical College and Teaching Hospital Ltd - Pravas, Palpa, Nepal
• Sanjeev Kumar, Tata Memorial Centre - Mumbai, India
• Pranav Mandovra, Zen Multi Specialty Hospital - Mumbai, India
• Sami Ullah, Services Hospital - Lahore, Pakistan